Old 04-26-2011, 05:33 AM
laura59

Finally, I got my dream machine. I have been wanting a fw for a while now, but, they are usually out of my price range. Sunday, I saw one on ebay, under buy it now. It was selling for $225. I emailed the seller and then after a few emails back and forth, I called him. We talked about the machine and I made arrangements to pick it up yesterday. It looked good in the picture, but it looked even better in person. It has the case with tray and key, the case is showing its age, but, I don't really care, it is only cosmetic. It also came with a manual, and some bobbins. I found that when I looked up the attachments it uses, I already have some of them from other machines. So, it didn't bother me that it didn't have any attachments with it. This morning, I took the bottom off and there is a new filter in there. The chrome is nice and shiny. It has been pretty well taken care of. I am going to use the pic as my new avatar. It is a 1951 with the blue centenial badge on it. I am a very happy camper. Sorry this was so long. Almost forgot, her name is Phyllis, after my younger sister who passed away 5 years ago.

1951 Singer Featherweight
[ATTACH=CONFIG]189301[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-189295.jpe