View Single Post
Old 04-26-2011, 08:02 AM
Quiltgranny

Hi Everyone,

This is my first stab at making a Dresden plate. This pattern is called "Table Scraps" from the Apr/May issue of "Quilt". It went together pretty quickly. Finished size is 25" across.

Only trouble I had was... initially it was kinda wobbly and wouldn't lay flat. :cry: Some of you may have seen my earlier post in the Main section asking for help for this problem. Well, the problem was with me; I had sewn in one wedge TOO many - the pattern called for 15, I sewed in 16! :roll: :oops: :shock: :lol: And I wonder why it wouldn't lay flat! :roll: :lol:

Once I removed the offending extra wedge and resewed the remaining 15 wedges back together, all was right with the world. :thumbup:

The only thing I'll do different next time is use a thinner or more pliable batting than Warm & Natural. Since this is "birthed", all layers sewn together then pulled out through the center, the edge is quite bulky to sew through. I broke one size 90 titanium needle in my Baby Lock when sewing the decorative stitch around the edge. Switched to a size 100 and finished it off with no further problems.

I'm happy with the finished project and will definitely use this pattern again for myself or a quick (weekend) gift for others. :D

front
[ATTACH=CONFIG]189354[/ATTACH]

Close up showing decorative stitching
[ATTACH=CONFIG]189355[/ATTACH]

back
[ATTACH=CONFIG]189356[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-189348.jpe   attachment-189349.jpe   attachment-189350.jpe