View Single Post
Old 05-02-2011, 03:12 PM
gal288

Hi everyone, love all the blocks that have been posted.

This has been a bad 2 weeks for me, my Dad, who is 80 & lives with me, suffered a bad stroke on Easter Saturday. He's home now, has suffered speech & facial impediments. So now has daily rehab coming, as well as more hands on care from me. So is life! I have been caring for him here in NJ for 4 years, moved him here from Orlando after suffering a serious heartattack & COPD, he wasn't taking his meds correctly and was getting worse.

So my DH & I went down, closed up his home, and suffled off to NJ. This way I know he is getting feed, correct meds, and keeping Dr. appointments. (He also suffers from dementia)

He's even more confused now, dr's. say it will get worse now, have to treat him like a 5 year old. It's really sad to see a very active man become so lame. We'll do our best to help him, but it's really in God's hands now, so the drs. say.

Anyway, that's why I haven't been posting much.

Started May's block today, I think everyone will like it.

This month I'm adding a folded rose bud. Hope everyone will try it, even if you do fusible applique. It's not hard and gives nice dimension.

I'll include a tute, so don't panic!

Hope everyone had a nice Easter, we're having ours this coming Sunday. My kids wanted to wait for Grandpa to be home from the hospital. (they call him GiGi, short for Great-Grandpa)

Logan is now old enough to enjoy his easter egg hunt, he had one at home on Easter, now Nana & Papa will have one for him Sunday. Can't wait to see him scramble for the eggs. My daughter videoed him easter & he really had a great time.

Be good everyone, missed all of you.