Old 05-02-2011, 03:36 PM
sew cornie

Originally Posted by tangledthread
Hi Everyone, I would like your advise, please. I sent out my block to my partner last month, took me all month to come up with something "modern"...now I am having senders remorse...I want that block back...I am feeling it is more "simple country"..so I am making another to send, but I'm still stuck on what is "modern"....if it were you what would you do? Boy, sure wish I would have asked this question last month, hopefully not to late to make a wrong, right...thanks for any suggestions! (PS..this months block is going great).
If it were me, I'd PM my partner and ask for her honest opinion as to whether the original block was something that fits her idea of "modern". Let your partner know your honest thoughts about it and, from what I gather from above, that you're happy to make a new block in its place. I've PM'd several partners over the months to ask for clarification on their theme. Each one has been gracious and patient and willing to answer any questions I have. Like you, I've suffered sender's remorse, although it's usually been because I liked the block so much I didn't want to send it away. :roll: I also have been guilty of second guessing myself and being my own worse critic, thinking that what I've mailed off couldn't possibly be satisfactory to the receiver. I've even offered to reimburse for postage if my partner wants to mail the block back to me. So far, each partner has chosen to keep his/her block. Before beating yourself up, please find out what your partner's opinion is and don't worry too much. :wink: :wink: