View Single Post
Old 05-09-2011, 02:35 PM
Mo_Chride

All right, so I'll absolutely admit that I was thinking of a soap and water type washer for the bobbin as well. I'll have to try and figure out if they have to be ordered online or if there is somewhere that I can get them here. I'm willing to give anything a try.

I am also working on quilting a baby quilt UFO that is just a cotton backing and I get the same problem.

I'll just be sewing along just fine and all of a sudden I get a nest. No rhyme or reason for when they occur as far as I can tell except that it seems to happen in the last third to quarter of the bobbin.

Oh, and as to what stage of trimming my current UFOs are in... well...ummmm.... in my defense I only found out recently that at least the QP say you shouldn't do this and I still have no idea why it matters if you are doing the quilting yourself but...

Okay, I'll admit it. All four of my UFOs ONLY need to be quilted. Literally. All four have the binding already sewn on. One of them only needs the FMQ on the border. I only learned to FMQ about a year ago and only actually did any FMQ on a "real quilt" versus just a practice sandwich a few months ago. I have this twin that I am working on right now, two cribs and one a bit smaller to get done and I am pushing myself to do a bit every day so that I can get them off my plate and away to their homes. The twin is for mysix year old son's bed and he really wants it.

Tara