View Single Post
Old 05-09-2011, 04:42 PM
Mo_Chride

Sorry, didn't mean to insinuate that anyone here was QP, just meant to indicate that other than QP, I wasn't aware of why the binding was supposed to be last.

I am in a fairly northern and yet largish western Canada city and the only place anywhere near me at all that carries most quilting supplies is my LQS which only carries Guttermann for solid colour thread. Many of the supplies that I read about on here just aren't available that I know of here. We fairly recently got a SuperWalmart fairly close to me but they do not carry any type of sewing supplies at all. We do not have places like Hobby Lobby or Joannes I think they are called.

Heck, the supplies I CAN get are so much more expensive up here than you guys pay that it just makes me sick. I have averaged one quilt a year since I started seven years ago including my four UFOs what with two pregnancies in there and therefore also the years of young babies but I likely wouldn't have been able to afford to do too many more quilts than that due to the simple costs involved. I don't have a stash at all, just scraps from the quilts I have completed. I could never afford to make anywhere near the kind of numbers of quilts that I see people on here make!

Tara