View Single Post
Old 05-14-2011, 06:11 AM
feline fanatic
Power Poster

Welcome to the QB. I am an ABM Innova owner and can't say enough good things about this machine. I especially love their rack set up as there is no need for takeup roller adjusting, it is a 4 roller system with a stationary tension roller near the machine bed and the take up is higher up.
I would figure out what your budget is and then start test driving from there. If you get a computer guided set up you are adding a LOT of $$ to the price. I do not have CG nor do I want it. I want my quilting to be MY artistic expression and talent, not a computer's. I do however have a stitch regulator and would not be without that.

Look into the Innovas, they are one of the most affordable machines on the market and built to industrial standards. You get a lot of bang for the buck and ABM service and support is 24-7 (although I haven't had to use it yet). I got my machine last July. Also, once you decide on your dream machine, inquire at your dealer about buying a used demo machine. You can save a lot of $$ that way too. My machine is my dealer's demo. I basically got a 26" throat machine for the price of a an 18" throat.