Old 05-15-2011, 08:44 PM
jtapp9

Ok, I came home with a tan 301A for $100. I also got the 500A and the 503A. They each have a few issues so she ended up selling them to me for $50 each. She changed the motor in the 500A while I was there and it had been newly rewound, so I think I got my money back there..lol

The 500 was bound up a bit but she got it loose and the motor started smoking. She changed the motor and then everytime you put thread in it it would break thread. Then the handwheel would loosen and spin like you were winding a bobbin. She kept saying since it wouldnt work right she would have to take it to her sewing machine person. I asked whats the least shed take and she said $50 since she put the newly wound motor in it. So, any ideas of what I should work on to fix this issue? It will sit and "sew" all day until I put thread in it. The the handwheel will start spinning seperately like doing a bobbin..the smaller section comes loose.

OK. The 503 was her favorite. She does alterations and really prefers a machine without all the extra built in stitches. I would be awesome except that the top lid is missing. The knob on the stitch lenght selector is missing. And the bobbin winder is missing because she said she had a new motor put in and her guy didn't have one at the time that had the bobbin winder extension on it.

I think there is an assorted set of about 10 cams for one and maybe 8 for the other (duplicates devided by 2).

The 503 will probably run fine for me but have to get manuals for them in order to know where to set things for the cams.

She wanted $65 for the 503 but when I went to write the check she lowered the total price on down to $200, which was $50 for that one also.

So, any ideas about the 500?