View Single Post
Old 05-16-2011, 06:37 AM
abdconsultant

here is my self portrait,
I cut up a thrift store find silk jacket, I love thrift stores and recycling & I really love silk!
The background raspberry swirl and black tone on tone on the face and the lips are cotton. You will very seldom see me use a solid color in any of my work. Patterns and texture are very important to me. The eyes are silk with fabric paint markers in various colors, the lips are cotton with fabric markers defining them. I love painting and using mixed mediums, I was an art major in college. The eyelashes are silk that I have pulled the threads out of. The earring is a button. Usually the only jewelry I will wear. The hat is also silk, and I do wear hats on occasion. The silk leaves as hair represent my love of nature and gardening. The two sided face represents my analytical mind, I tend to see things in black and white, no gray. The closed mouth represents my need to listen. The eyes represent my thankfulness in being able to see God's creations. Last but not least my desire to do this swap was inspired by my need to learn more about members on this board. After this swap I feel that we are part of a select brave and inspiring group. I'm thankful and honored to have you participate. Terry
Attached Thumbnails attachment-197747.jpe