Old 05-17-2011, 11:22 AM
kwendt

Wow.... off a few days... and WHAMMO... the great finds! The cute repaints! The interesting info/questions.

1. I have a 'Tucker' too. (Just wanted to say that). I also have an original Singer Tucker manual/user guide for it. Neat gadget.

2. Re: that old Singer 101 I found in the Library cabinet. It's a 101-4, I believe 'cause it's in the library cabinet with the drop down hing on right panel (panel hangs straight down when opened) and the table does not have the wood crosspiece between the foot - like the 101-3 in the library cabinet. I did not buy it. The whole thing has rust/scale on it. The rust isn't solid, but all the chrome metal parts are pitted - levers, knobs, bobbin winder, etc. All of it. I DID however, pick up a box of Singer parts (including the tucker and a full darner/embroidery plate/foot combo) and a 201-2 manual. For $5. The darner is blackside....too.

3. I DID pick up a sad, forgotton 201-2. There's a big spot of rust on the underside bed, and a bit of edge ware, etc. to the Japan. The stitch length lever doesn't work right either. Seems like a great machine to save for "Billy special repaint". lol.

4. ALSO picked up an "Improved White" old treadle cabinet. For free. It's missing it's irons, the top has been cut/modified and the wood is cracked in places. BUT, I have the original knobs, drawers, base, sides, cast iron triangle side extension holder, and side doors. If anyone has a need for parts to their White cabinet let me know. I'll send you pics (it's in pieces right now...).

I hear that there is a White Rotary machine and a 15 of some sort down at another local thrift store. I'll go there tomorrow... scopeing out things.