Old 05-17-2011, 06:59 PM
SewExtremeSeams

Originally Posted by miriam
Originally Posted by sew wishful
Okay, all my "know it all" friends!! I have a featherweight that I have pieced quilts on, but now it seems the bobbin shuttle(?) goes all the way around. Shouldn't it go one way for a bit and then back a bit or is it supposed to go all the way around?? The bobbin won't seat itself and therefore won't sew. I can't think of a thing I've done, other that remove the bobbin to rewind it. I'm stumped.
I'm wondering if I should tip it up on end to get a good look. I need to get a place in the garage to work on a few machines, but hubby is not loosening his grip!
check out page 8 or 9 in the operator manual
http://www.singer-featherweight.com/...es/singfea.pdf

Figure 12 look at B2 and A2
Then on the next page there is a "CAUTION: If the throat plate is removed for cleaning the stitch forming mechanism, etc., make certain when replacing the throat plate that the position finger (A2) enters the notch (B2) of the position plate attached to the under side of the throat plate."

those old manuals have a lot of info - it might pay to check in there
Miriam, thanks for the link. I have the manual but the online manuel shows everything on a larger scale. I will try to follow those directions tomorrow. I hope it works. I truly miss my FW. Thank you. :-D