Old 05-23-2011, 07:09 AM
jtapp9

A piece of advice please?

In the 500A that I just got recently, If it is not threaded it will sit and "sew" like mad. No catching or glitches or anything. As soon as I put thread in it and attempt to sew then I can feel it tightening up, like its catching, and the thread will break after maybe 4 stitches. Lots of birds nest underneath. Sometimes it wont even start to sew on its own and the two handwheels will part and the inner one (larger) will spin but not the outer (smaller) one. As soon as I pull the thread out it will "sew" again.

I have changed the needle. I have taken the tension unit off and loosened it. I have tried several different kinds of thread. I've checked the bobbin area for crud.

Any other things I can try tonight?

I've had to put them away a bit because I kept tinkering with machines and NOT getting any sewing done. I've about come to the conclusion that I should just pay the money for ones that have already been serviced. My patience really does wear thin pretty quickly when it comes to tinkering with minor problems with seemingly no fixes...lol. I had decided to take them to the local SMS for a servicing but seems their number is no longer in service :(....sucks for me.