Old 05-27-2011, 09:12 PM
SewExtremeSeams

Originally Posted by luckylindy333
Originally Posted by SewExtreme
Guess what I got today? A tan Singer 301A with oodles of attachments, a desk it fits into and some extra bonus attachments. I am in the process of researching the attachments to see what I actually have. The machine has to be thoroughly cleaned though because it has been living with a smoker.

OK, to begin with what is the safest thing to soak the attachments in? Don't know if I will be able to get the odor out of all of the original boxes and manuals but hope so. I am so excited to get it cleaned up so I can sew, sew, sew! Got the zigzagger attachment too! Whoo hoo... :-D

Trust me... photos will follow as soon as I get her cleaned up. Might even name this one. Not normally my habit to. :-D
Hi Linda, it's Linda! Guess what I just paid for? A Singer 301, black, from someone here on the QMB!!! I just fell in love with it, isn't that crazy????? She is going to ship it to me on Tuesday...
Cool, Linda of the West! Where is it being shipped from?

I spent most of today GoJoing my 301 and all of the attachments, buttonholer, and other stuff. Not sure if I will get her desk done tomorrow. Lots and lots of smoke odor on all of it. GoJo sure did the trick. Hopefully I will get pictures loaded on here by tomorrow.

Hugs... from Linda of the East! :-D