Old 05-27-2011, 09:18 PM
SewExtremeSeams

Originally Posted by fabric whisperer
Originally Posted by vintagemotif
I have to say that those Kenmores are the ugliest machines I have ever seen. I see them ever so often on CLs, and I just chuckle at the prices that some want for them. But if the machine works and produces a pretty stitch then that is all that matters.
I'm satisfied with its "tank" appearance ~ that one is for my 11 year old son :) he designed and did his first quilt at age 7 (took him a year until I did the final quilting on it)... now he wants to help make charity quilts. Sis has her very own machine, I think he was a little jealous... even tho he knows I'll help him craft any time :) he was thrilled when this came home! and the fact that it looks a little "manly" compared to the vintage singers works soooo in my favor of getting him to sew!
EDIT: he just informed me that before he can make a quilt on "his" machine (LOL) he wants to make a stuffed animal first. Though you'd all get a chuckle outta that, after all it is his!
Great. I am so happy that you bought machines for each of your kids. I have been searching for just the right 'tank' vintage machine for my 5 year old grandson. I am not in too much of a hurry so I can afford to wait for just the right one to come along.. for just the low, low price that I want! :-D