Old 05-28-2011, 06:13 AM
fabric whisperer

Location: Ohio... wanna build a cabin in the woods and live off the land... and quilt all day!

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Originally Posted by fabric whisperer
Nancy ~ does my clone drop the dogs too? How? I have a whole new machine to learn about :) :) :) OMG I will be thrilled if I can FMQ on the clone!
Yes, see that round switch at the base of the arm? Turn that and your feed dogs should drop! That is what's so nice about the 'clones.' They are actually made better than the actual Singer 15's, which had to be lifted up so you could turn the thumb screw underneath the machine. You have a knob on the bed that does that! Try it and let me know if it works!

Nancy
:shock: the little silver knob ~ marked "embr" / "silk" / "norm" ~ and it drops the FD!!! I had removed the motor last night for cleaning, only hand-crank power right now... let me put her back together and play!

I cannot believe how clean this machine is ~ she has the "smell" but other than that, very little scratching, the japanblack is nearly pristine, and 95% + of the decals are pristine! I think she was only used to hem curtains or something. Wow. She's going to be fun, and I just HAVE to use her for a little while on my niece's vintage butterfly hanky quilt that I am trying to get done! It just feels right LOL

wedding is June 25th ~ one month to finish!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]203371[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-203365.jpe