Old 05-30-2011, 07:27 AM
SewExtremeSeams

Originally Posted by BoJangles

1890's Model 12 = $175
Featherweight 55 = $350
White immaculate looking FW (not sure year) = over $400
Pfaff (that is really pretty) not sure year, fancy like the VSM Singers = over $400
Willcox & Gibbs over $400
(my girlfriend who live down there stopped getting prices because some were too high)
I would love to see the Model 12 and the Pfaff!

Nancy

Oh and SewExtreme, beautiful Redeye! Congratulations![/quote]

Nancy :-D glad to see that Fabric Whisperer straigntened out who's Red Eye was posted. A funny story... when I was yet a novice in purchasing vintage machines, I purchased a beautiful red eye, cabinet, and all of the attachments I could every want. Then, I went on to purchase quite a few other machines, still not quite as educated as I could have been. Anyway, one day my sweet DIL was here visiting and showed some interest in sewing. Sewww, I said, 'here' you can take this one home if we can get it in your minivan. Which we did. By the time I was next visiting her, I was cleaning it for her and by that time, I also had learned more and realized I had given her my best vintage machine. She doesn't use it very much yet. I love her so much and am glad she has it but sometimes (just sometimes) I wish I had given her another machine. :oops: :oops: :-D