View Single Post
Old 05-30-2011, 04:14 PM
jaciqltznok
Banned

Originally Posted by Loretta in Indiana
I don't want to measure the cost, because we all know that we are working for less than "minimum wage" (whatever that is nowadays)...

The way I look at it is that we are creating heirlooms, whether for our family, for our community, or for fellow quilt-lovers, artisans, the quilting heritage. Just think of all the great quilts you have seen, at museums, online, at quilt shows, etc...

I bet that when some of these pioneer women were sewing by hand, in cabins, covered wagons, etc. that none of them thought that they were creating history and adding to the cultural legacy of our great country. We are doing it for the future.... and that is why we keep sewing one more stitch, even after midnight!
it would be nice to think that..however, our culture is $$ driven and to the generations coming up now, FLEECE blankets are cheaper/less expensive and just as good as a quilt...just ask them... our landfills will never recover from all of the fleece Hancock fabrics sells...most do not know that is made from polyurethane and is meant to NEVER break down....

I saw fleece throws that look like quilts at Sears the other day for $8.95!