Old 06-01-2011, 02:03 AM
sew wishful

Originally Posted by SewExtreme
OK, here goes Stranger... :lol:

USER'S PAGES & how to use them to save info to readily access it.

Oh great, I have been calling them ‘my pages’ but really it’s called USER’S PAGES (list). So, in order for you to see how I have done mine, open up my profile and then go down and click on LIST next to USER’S PAGES on my profile. Each topic listed is a separate page. Each time you want to add to your page, you click EDIT PAGE at the top of that page after clicking on the page.

I usually type in a short blurb to remind me what is in the web address I am going to save, then make a colon, hit the space bar twice and then right click on the mouse and click edit/paste of whatever I am saving.

When you go back to look up information, you only need to click on the title of a topic and then you can click on the URL of the page you want to open. For instance on my USER’S PAGES if you click on Vintage Sewing Machines page and then click on the URL in blue for Attachments & how to use them, it will open up that page on the Internet.

That might be clear as mud. Then, when I want to look up my info or look up info someone has saved on their USER’S PAGES, it is readily available. Please let me know if you need me to explain better than I have done.
Well, you lost me at edit....so let's just say I want to save a page on VSMS. When I bookmark it I find I get the whole 1100 and some pages. So if I find a page I want to save, where do I find edit page? And is it a right click on the page?
I hate showing my stupidity this way!! I can usually find my way around computers once I'm shown, but to do things on my own is scary!!!