Old 06-01-2011, 04:55 AM
HanNatNana

Originally Posted by purplefiend
Originally Posted by a1crafter
I purchased a Singer on ebay. It arrived yesterday and was not as the photo showed on the site. The plate over the bobbin was missing, the bobbin winder was broken off, no back plate on the machine and the light was in pieces. There was no bobbin in the machine so I can't test stitching, but the wheel turns. Sounds a little rough, but it needs to be cleaned i'm sure. I have not purchases through ebay before and I'm unsure of the procedure to report the discrepancy. I emailed the seller. He does have insurance for the shipment. I wish it had been packed like Billy does them. Can anyone advise as to how I proceed. If this is in the wrong posting spot I apologize. I am new to all of this.
I live in fear of sellers who have no idea how to pack a sewing machine. Try to work with your seller, if that doesn't help, file a complaint with paypal. What model of Singer is your machine? Can you please post the auction #number so we can see what you were supposed to get?
So sorry your machine arrived damaged. As Purple said if your seller won't cooperate file a complaint with Paypal, all the info is on their website just make sure you do it sooner rather than later because if it's past the cutoff date they won't want to know you.

In the meantime, take photos of the damage and keep a copy of the eBay listing along with those photos so you have the 'before' and 'after' shots. If you still aren't sure of the procedure to follow, they have a toll free number you can call and they will assist you.

I think the insurance only covers for actual damage while in transit...at least that's how it works here (Australia) it won't cover 'item not as described' on eBay. That's where Paypal steps in. At least Paypal now refunds postage costs when something like this goes wrong, which is a huge improvement.

Again, sorry it's turned out like this, it's not nice when someone ships a faulty (or damaged) item, no matter what it is!

Bronwyn ;-)