Old 06-03-2011, 03:23 PM
Suzi

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Originally Posted by Suzi
Amazing ----- and I just found this quote on another blog about the Sears' machines: "For 20 years, from 1938 to 1958, the White Sewing Machine Company produced every Kenmore sewing machine. Since then, Sears has contracted with different manufacturers to make its sewing machines, mostly for economic reasons." HA! How 'bout that ..... learn something new every day!
Yep, lots of companies made the Sears machines.

Suzi, all this talk about clones or not clones is getting to be so funny! You guys have really nice machines, clones or not! Clones are a good thing not a bad thing. I have two clones I love, one is a Morse 15 clone pictured on page 929 here, the other one is an American 99 clone pictured on page 898 - I will post another picture -- the machine is fine now that we fixed it!

I am down to 32 machines -I just counted, that is after giving my DIL one, my SIL one, hospice one, and a DGD one!

Nancy
32 machines??? Great Heavens - where do you keep them all? Have you sewn on all of them?

Clone or not - I don't care as long as that perfect little straight stitch keeps coming from the one that lives here with me. I have 6 (as I mentioned earlier): an Arlington treadle complete with coffin top, a Singer Red-eye treadle, a Singer in a bentwood case, a New Home in a table, a Singer Stylist and my favorite - the Challenge. I know I'm going to keep looking but whatever I find will have to be super special 'cause I have no more room. Remind me that I said that when I find the next one .............