View Single Post
Old 06-05-2011, 02:12 PM
Suziuki

I'm one of four girls and mum made sure we all new how to sew, we each made our own Wedding Dresses. Over the years have sewn my own clothes, worked with Sheepskins making moccasins and 36" Teddies, and even made a Cossack style hat from Sheepskin. Made grow suits for my kids when they were babies, made their clothes over the years and even made a suit for my son when he went to his girlfriends formal, he had a specific colour and style in mind and the only suit I could find that matched his request cost $A800.00, and that wasn't going to happen so made one for him at a cost of $A102.00 and that included the silver chains he wanted to loop off the belt keepers.
I have made calisthenics costumes, clothes to suit 11 1/2" fashions dolls, made stuffed toys, fixed leathers for motorcycle riders, have sewn laminated marbled silk into purses. Now I make handbags and wheat bags and sell at craft markets. Got the quilting bug about a year ago and would love to give up my job as a courier driver to hone my skills in this area and to use up the incredible stash I seem to have built up in this time.