Old 06-15-2011, 08:21 AM
miriam
Power Poster

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Originally Posted by Weedwoman
Originally Posted by tomilu
Here is a great buy on a Rocketeer with cabinet.

http://wichita.craigslist.org/for/2439752144.html

Tommie
Wahoo, the machine is mine. My daughter is picking it up for me tomorrow. Thanks, Tommie
Wow, you will love that machine! It looks like the 503a, but I can't tell for sure in the picture - too far away! Please post pictures up close and let us know which one it is! Love the cabinet too!

Nancy
looks like a 503 to me - only has the one knob on top - my DIL LOVES hers - her mom said she hated to sew - until I gave her a 503... I have to admit I didn't think she would sew so I gave her one I scrapped together for $5 - it was missing the doors and only had a few cams... She got her hands on it and she says she fell in love. Then I tried to trade her a 401 and she said NO WAY. She named the 503 Margaret after her grandma. DIL said "She is old and missing parts but she still gets things done." And she says "She was very fashionable in her day." The machine or the grandma??? Gotta love that gal!!! I keep giving her cams and a buttonholer for gifts. She quilted her old child hood t-shirts together one day and was so excited.