View Single Post
Old 06-19-2011, 02:09 PM
sassey

My dgd and I are making a cape cod doll house I have made one of the bed frames out of fimo clay mattress out of foam rubber and of course made a quilt/ I will make the dresser and accessiories out of the clay also I made a flagstone patio out of clay also just rolled marbled clay out thin and after baking broke into small chunks. one floor is also made of clay to look like real marble floor as well as counter tops. one floor has a carpet made from a upholstery square we made minature pictures for the walls and small flower arangements for the window boxes these flowers were made from seed beeds. one wall is papered with scrapbooking paper. we are trying to make as much of the furnishings ourselves rather than buy them ready made. my bathtub I made an oldfashioned claw foot tub and for the sink I decided upon a vessel sink all made from clay including the faucet
When this house is done I am going to go to Miachels and buy a ready made frame house and make a christmas house for the holidays I will make it on a large board so that I can have a yard with snow trees and carolers and ect. One thing I have found a must is to put on large lazy susan for turning