Old 06-21-2011, 06:57 PM
karenm36

Originally Posted by alikat110
Originally Posted by BellaBoo
Originally Posted by jaciqltznok
Originally Posted by kwhite
I think I would at least try the refund thing. You never know they might ask no questions. I think it is the fabric.
I have been a mgr at hancock's, joanns, and a couple of indep. shops and I can tell you that NO store I ever worked at would do a refund on washed fabric...most don't refund on cut yardages at all!

Yes! one store will....
I saw this with my own eyes! A lady brought in a quilt to Walmart fabric dept and said she wanted a refund on the fabric as the blue backing fabric faded all over the quilt. She bought all the fabric at Walmart even the batting. She said the quilt was ruined because of the blue dye all over it. The fabric manager could see the fabric was all Walmart as it was still on the shelf on bolts. The receipt showed how much yardage of each fabric was bought and the batting. The lady got exact yardage cut of all the fabrics except the backing, got different color backing this time, and a new package of batting. The manager okayed the exchange and she left with all new fabric to make the quilt again and the fabric manager was left with the quilt. The store manager said well my dog needs a quilt and he took it. LOL The fabric manager put a note on the blue fabric bolt that said will bleed when washed and marked it down to $1 yard and put it next to the remnant bin. When I was checking out I saw a lady with the whole bolt in her cart. I love Walmart. It's like seeing a fiction book come to life at every trip.

Oh the quilt was a yellow brick road pattern about twin bed size.
Gotta love wal marts return policy. Thats why I picked up my husband in one.....in case I need to return or exchange him!
LOL!!!!!! :D