View Single Post
Old 06-23-2011, 10:57 AM
mizunogirl

Hoping someone is still watching this.

I've been racking my brain trying to make the BIG part of the quilt easier.

The applique of the "wheels" does not bother me, but I am intimidated by the whole bigness of the quilt.

What does you think of doing large Quilt as you go diamonds for the quilt that I could then sew together. (One color only and quilted in a diamond pattern...should be ok for a beginner.)

then a nice BIG border....which I could either quilt diamonds or wheels on or have someone else do it for $$$(I've learned to use borders to make things bigger!!!)

Then I just hand applique the wheels on. I probably should not say anything but I'm pretty good at the hand applique...I just sit there and do it while the TV plays.

My only Debate was that I planned on using one Strip of bicycle print material in the middle of the quilt, but I guess i could do sort of alternating diamonds of it.

This quilt is causing me so much anxiety. I have to ride an exercise bike daily for 30 min as part of my rehab and this is all I can think about.

I am having trouble however, trying to figure out how exactly I would line up diamonds and such...
I bought some on sale material today (1.00 a yard) and I am going to experiment, but, I could use some advice, hints and HELP!!!!!!

And OF COURSE, I am rethinking my color scheme...Any ideas?

I'm still waiting for the puke green baby material to come in so I can "knock those out" and start this...