Old 06-29-2011, 12:51 PM
miriam
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Crossstitcher
My DH has a neice that lives in Washington State and if I were planing a trip to see her I would definitaly wing down and go with you guys. Sounds like sew much fun.

The stories everyone has told are really touching.

With the long weekend coming up I wonder how many of these "older Ladies" will be finding new homes?
I know we will be keeping an eye out.
HHHHMMMMMM Maybe I should get busy and just put a bunch of 'em all on Craig's List after all... I was figuring nobody'd be lookin' - give everybody a sporting chance.... never know with the holiday and all maybe somebody might buy one for a change.... I really don't think most people know to buy used ones - most of them think they need a warranty or something brand new for it to be any good... I'm glad you all are on the look out for the good ones - they tend to end up at the scrap yard all too often. At work today I overheard a couple gals talking about quilting and one said she had a horrible time sewing. So I butt in - got my noes in it anyway. I asked her what she had for a machine. She said it was one she picked up at Walmart. I told her to look around and find an old precision made sewing machine and her sewing would reflect the quality of the machine. She said she might try to get her grandma's old green machine and I told her if she couldn't figure it out I'd show her how to work it. One at a time ladies....