Old 07-01-2011, 01:27 PM
mshawii

Originally Posted by Barbm
Just neaten it up a bit. Fold fabric, stack them on the shelves so they look pretty. Take your notions and put them in the baskets and display them, like you planned it that way. Make a table skirt and velcro it to the table. You can peel it off to change it or be able to get in there. Lots of "free" things to do.
I can see into the closet, maybe you could add some shelves in there. I am getting ready to do that to my closet in my sewing room. I am going to get the brackets that go on the back wall of the closet and then, the arms that hold the shelves. Do it by stages. Buy the brackets one payday and hang them up. Then next payday, buy a couple of the white melamine shelves. and a couple more every once in awhile till you get about 6-7 shelves. Nice thing about then is you can adjust them to any height that you need. When I watch HGTV, many of the designers say to go vertical, as much as possible. This gives you more floor space. The window needs a shorter valance because it is taking up some of the window space that allows light into the room. If you can put your batting in a clear plastic bag, tie it tight and take it to the garage or put it under any bed that has space. Batting takes up lots of floor space. I have my big cutting mat on top of an old dresser that I store sewing items in, that I only use once in awhile but don't need out all the time. I also put a peg board up on the wall near my sewing machine and I have some long metal brackets that hold my rulers and my various cutting tools and my scissors, Pattern packets, and accessories. Hope these suggestions help. Oh and another cleaver thing I did was I made a clear plastic cover for all my spools on the spool holder. Keeps then from getting dusty but keeps them in plain sight. I keep them away from direct light also. Good Luck! Jan