View Single Post
Old 07-04-2011, 06:01 PM
Quilter7x

Originally Posted by Mousie
7! it's beautimous! I likey! great pics of everything too! how much starch did you use on your fabrics?
I started my blue 9 with fusible pieces, but I think i had it so stiff that the needle chewed the fabric some and I started over.
I went with my heart and saving all the blue and fabrics that went with it, for another book, lol.
I'm working on my new one and will post it soon.
Can't wait to see your next block! marvelous #9! woo hoo! :thumbup:
I sprayed the starch into a tiny container to let it become liquid, then used a Q-Tip to saturate the fabric hanging out from the freezer paper shapes, then pressed the edges over the freezer paper. The starch does a wonderful job of keeping the fabric in place. Thanks for the compliment!

Originally Posted by sandpat
Diane...it looks great! I just love how you are doing it with that blanket stitch..I think letting it be the quilting will work out wonderfully. Tell Beth....YES...Great job picking, can she come here and play with mine??

Ducks....I like this look much better!
Thanks so much Patti! At first I didn't like the blanket stitch. I thought it would go one stitch top to bottom, then a stitch to the side, then another stitch top to bottom and so on, but nope, it takes one stitch top to bottom, back up and back down again, so there are three stitches top to bottom on top of each other. Looking at it now, it's a perfect stitch!

I love how the blanket stitch is starting to become the quilting, totally loving the effect.

Yes, Beth is for hire, but she pilfers quilts like Dreamer and Ducky do, so you need to watch out for all of them! :shock: :lol: