Old 07-07-2011, 10:58 AM
irishrose

They keep multiplying. Tuesday night when I missed out on the 403 because my daughter needed me, for some reason, I bought a 1953 Admiral for a whopping $7. It looked like a Necchi clone to me. It has a Matsushita motor, but it has no light. I wish I'd known that. It was listed at 17 pounds, so it shipped very inexpensively. Ha - it's another 29-30 pounder. Look at this foot pedal.

The tension spring is up at 12:00 instead of at 9:00, so the thread can't catch in it. It still sews very well. Another one I wouldn't want to have to take out. The feed dogs drop, but no ZZ.

The needle is huge and the bobbin had upholstery thread in it. What did she sew in her former life? A strange thing - the machine is open underneath the cross bar. Nothing between me and the long bar. Saved metal, but odd. I wish I had a manual for this one. It threads like the Necchi, but I am probably going to have dismantle the tension. As it's a front tension, the diagram miriam linked should be close enough. I found a manual online, but I'm not paying $10 for a manual for a $7 machine.

Billy, what do use to I repair the spot where the finish is damaged? Her cleaning will have to wait. I'm busy with a quilt.

1953 Admiral
[ATTACH=CONFIG]222434[/ATTACH]

Foot control - Looks like I need to vacuum
[ATTACH=CONFIG]222435[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-222428.jpe   attachment-222429.jpe