Old 07-15-2011, 05:11 PM
thrums

Originally Posted by merry
There are a few of us - pretty spread out but always up for getting together to explore LQS. Have you been to Country Store Quilt Shop in Shop Springs or The Most Amazing Quilt Shop in Cookeville? They are real jewels.
I checked online and found a listing for the Country Store Quilt Shop in Watertown . Is that the one?

I haven't been to The Most Amazing Quilt Shop, but I'll put it on my list too. My boys are going back to UT for grad school and its on the way. :)

Thanks for sharing.

I just started seeking out quilt shops when they graduated a few years back. I've been to Loose Threads in Harriman (small but packed with a great cross section--I love their fun fabrics), Little Blessings Quilt Shop(medium-sized and traditional shops with a wide selection) in Crossville and Mammaw's Thimble Fabric (huge and well-organized) in Knoxville.

If you're heading to Chapel Hill, there are three quilt shops in Franklin to see (Quilting Squares--lovely shop with cotton fabric, wool applique and yarn; Stitchers Garden --it's an experience you'll not forget; and Sewing Machine Station--small like Silver Threads but has more contemporary fabric)

In fact, you may want to head toward Franklin and work your way back east to Chapel Hill and then to Quilt Connection (small traditional shop) in Murfreesboro before you head home.

There ya go! Start early in Franklin, lunch at Silver Threads and then head back east for one more shop (M'boro) before you head home for the day. :lol: