Old 07-15-2011, 07:20 PM
Rose L

Originally Posted by 3NorwichTerr
Originally Posted by Tussymussy
Last night I, at last, had a good look at the magnificent firmy sent to me by Deborah (tedytrsr).

My breath was certainly taken away. On the top was a lovely note from her. Under it was: a chart in cross stitch "Quilters Make Warm Lovers", a leaflet with christmas patterns (some of those will look beautiful on our tree this year), another of dolphins and a book of lovely patterns that you can mix and match. Also a fantastic hard back book on cross stitch by Mary Engelbreight (I want to start one now and having a childish tantrum because I can't). Two novels, because I am an avid reader too and a lovely wire bound notebook. There was also a lovely cookbook. DH is already choosing the recipes that he likes!

Hiding amongst them a cross stitch kit, which will be made first of all for my new kitchen, my DH thinks this is hilarious cos he would never criticise my cooking - he enjoys it too much. I will have to stitch this one twice as a dear friend wants one too!

At the bottom was a beautiful Christmas box, which I love and will store some Christmas treasures in.

Now, at this point, not having read the customs form, I thought I had got to the bottom of it and idly opened the box.

Wow, out tumbled a huge array of wonderful fabrics, 5 beautiful christmas fabrics and 4 others. I fell in love with 2/3 yard of the christmas gingerbread one. Had to wrest that one away from my friend too!

I also love the one that is printed with lots of currency notes from around the world. I have been thinking of making a wallet and that one will spur me on.

Last but not least a wonderful magnifying needle threader. Deborah, you must have a crystal ball because when you posted it, even I did not know that eye surgery that I had last December had failed and I am not seeing properly.

Warning -- the Janet Evanovich books are laugh out loud funny but you will find yourself wanting all them, up to 17 now I think.

Deby
So true! I just love her writing style. I've also listened to some books on tape that she read herself which is really great since she knows the characters intimately. Enjoy!