Old 07-18-2011, 05:06 AM
jeanequilts

At the end of the year we have a "social" where members are honored for their various positions, and acknowledgements are made to helpers. Someone coordinates a challenge quilt at the beginning of the year, and those who want to participate get to show their works at the social at the end of the year.
We have door prizes, which everyone looks forward to (Mostly these are gifts donated by members or businesses), a fat quarter exchange that is usually coordinated with the holiday of the month, "holders and folders" that help hold the shared quilts at the meeting, and pass out the prizes. Our "Fat Quarter Coordinators "do a wonderful job of putting the fat quarter bundles together, and adding a small pattern or notion. These are raffled off to the people who bring in the fat quarters, they are given one ticket for each fat quarter they donate.
We have a library of books that are available to all members.
There is an annual retreat or two, usually one in the winter and one in the summer. We plan an annual bus trip. Each month we accept shelter donations. There is a "quilts and covers coordinator" who accepts tops or whole quilts for various charities. Usually in the Spring for the annual "Quilters Day out". Those that want to all gather with our machines and any fabric to make charity quilts. (Some people just come to cut fabrics, some just enjoy putting on the backings.) (Our guild provides the batting.) It is a village of people working on all these quilts. And of course, we have Programs that are presented monthly by various artists, trunk shows, collectors and teachers. Various classes are offered by the teachers. I really enjoy my guild. We have about 400 members. Every other year we put on a quilt show with vendors.
Oh, we always have show and tell. I think people really look forward to it, to show their new quilts or wearables.