Old 07-19-2011, 12:55 PM
jtapp9

Originally Posted by miriam

The gear looking thing goes on top. It is built in. You either have a motor that fits or you do not have a motor that fits. I like mine to have all the right parts too. I think I would be very irritated with that woman. Glad it was cheap though. The gear no doubt turns just under the bobbin winder if it is the wrong motor. The 503's top gear thing is smaller around than the others.
There is no bobbing winder attached...lol. I'm not mad at her. It was what it was when I bought it :). She is a very nice lady actually and her machines were worth a lot to her and her business. This area that I live in machines go for a pretty fair penny anyway. She lives in a somewhat rural area and owns an alterations shop for years. She started digging out and cleaning up her shops storage in anticipation of sellnig and moving closer to her daughter. Apparently awhile ago this machine was in the "shop" and she knows her OSMG very well and when he repaired something on it (maybe the old motor was broke) he did not have a motor with the extra gear at top for the bobbin winder. She has several 400 and 500 singers and told him not to worry about it because she didn't need the bobbin winder anyway! Of course now she is trying to sell them so it is a problem for buyers.

I look at it like she really LOVED her machines to pieces! hahaha