Thread: Howdy Y'all
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2011, 06:38 AM
CrftySAHM

I was doing a search for some fabric and found this forum. I joined a quilting group at church when we moved to this town in 2000 and found my passion. I love quilting, would make tons of quilts for charity. In 2003 my biggest quilt fan and supporter passed away and I just kind of lost that drive. In 2007, after years of being a SAHM I took an outside job. There was no time for any crafting so I just packed it all up for when I would retire. Well, after only three years I developed health issues, family issues, that caused me to resign. Now after a year and a half of being a SAHM mom again I have broke the machines out.

My newest grand son was born 7-10-11, 7 weeks early, weighing just short of 4 pounds. He is doing amazingly well. I pulled out the machines and bought some fabric to make some things for him. OMG, I cannot believe how much plain fabric's have gone up. I look forward to getting to know the members of this forum.

I mainly quilt, but also love to sew, embroider (machine and hand) crochet, paper crafts, write, and collect recipes.