Old 07-23-2011, 05:06 PM
jpthequilter

Originally Posted by Butterfli19
sigh...

Since gs is almost 8 mos old I'm lending him my sewing room to use as a bedroom. :) They will probably be here another year or so so it is temporary, but now I need to determine where to put stuff.

I have a bench table that I use to cut, piece, plan, and don't feel I can give that up. Then I have my sewing machine and cabinet. I'll probably move the bench into the living room and the sewing machine w/cabinet into the kitchen.

Then there are the fabric bins and supplies. My house was built in 1896 so there is no storage to speak of, so I guess some tossing out / donating will need to happen.

I'm okay with this whole thing so my question is: how do you psychologically deal with your sewing stuff being scattered? How do you keep it together in your head?

Since this will make all rooms not look like anyone thing belongs in them, I def won't be winning any House Beautiful awards!
Lots of stackable see into plastic bins. You are going to want to keep your sewing fabric and sharp things away from busy little fingers eventually. If all the bins have lids and are the same size, it is easy to find what you are looking for. Curiously, all the same things together in boxes within boxes saves space!