Old 07-26-2011, 11:23 AM
vintagemotif

Originally Posted by nickylsf
Originally Posted by Charlee
Originally Posted by nickylsf
Originally Posted by BZ quilting
Actually my Davis came with a little original Singer envelope with 3 long needles. Maybe someone will want them.
I am looking for some long needles for my Minnesota D, are the needles around 2" long?
They are a hair under 2." PM me if you would like to have them! I am pretty new at this but I don't think I would need these on most of the vintage machines I might pick up (as I do see more in my not so distant future).
Didn't you say they came with your DAVIS? I'm pretty sure they're FOR that machine...
Hi Charlee, yes they came with the machine, but don't fit it. There is a diagram on the needleplate showing the size of the needle to use, and it is the size of regular 1x15 needles.[/quote]

Nicylsf,

Just be patient with me and I will post how to use them and how they attach. I'm busy working on a quilt for my daughter's b'day. Once that is done, I can play with my attachments from my Davis and post in the shop. I have a manual that I got for free off the internet of the older Davis Vertical Feeds. I will be using that manual to figure out the attachments. Yours should work on your Davis.

-Monica