Old 07-30-2011, 03:35 AM
miriam
Power Poster

Originally Posted by BarbaraSue
Hi, all. I have enjoyed seeing all of the other machines, and have learned alot by reading.
I have a treadle I believe is 1930's, it has a shuttle bobboin. It is apart awaiting the care needed to get the belt the right tension.

I just purchased a Singer 15-91 I believe. The serial # is AK477730, made in 1951. It has the Singer centenial plate on the front, has the potted motor. I am having trouble with the bobbin thread. It doesn't always come up with the top thread. I have pics and I hope they come through. Am I missing a piece on the top over the needle? I may not have it threaded right, I have no manual. And Singer says they don't have one for this either. Any information or help will be greatly appreciated.
Here I go enabling again... get those instructions that were posted or look in your operator's manual and take that tension apart, clean it real good and put it back together. Be careful of the little pin that might be inside the tension post (don't want to lose parts) Do it over a white towel or some such. Even if you are threading it right the thing needs to be cleaned out after so many years. If you can read a pattern you can read a diagram. If nothing else find an intelligent other person to help... LOL Keep another machine handy to look at.