Old 07-31-2011, 02:47 PM
quiltdoctor

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Originally Posted by quiltdoctor
Originally Posted by deplaylady
I took a detour home after church today and followed a garage sale signs. there was a street sale - nothing looked too interesting in my drive by - until I saw a house that had some older stuff out front and the promise of more in the back. Well, I probably should have stayed in the car, but, I got out and immediately spotted a poor neglected sewing machine on the ground. As I was looking it over, being the last day, the woman offered it to me as a door stop or garden ornament - just take it away. I felt bad for it so it followed me home. The wheel turns freely and the needle goes up and down. It's missing its shuttle, here is is uncleaned. I'll clean it up, but it won't go in the garden. If I can find a shuttle and a bobbin, I'll stick a hand crank on it - if that is even possible.
I like it !! Send a picture showing the wheel end and I can tell you if I think It can be hand cranked.

Texas Jan
If you do it will not be an after market one, it will be one from the original manufacturer.

Billy
Billy, will the aftermarket ones only work on Singer brands with a motor mount?? I was hoping to HC an old White Rotary, but not sure that will work.

Texas Jan