Old 08-20-2011, 08:35 PM
Feather3

I've been complaining about the lack of all-cotton jeans and other clothes for several years now. Even designer jeans, where you pay more for the name, don't give you all cotton. I'm all for making my own (or, more realistically, paying for someone to make them for me), but can you even find all-cotton denim fabric any more? Not to mention non-synthetic fabric for office wear.[/quote]

Yes you can find 100% denium. I recently bought bolts of 10-11 ounce (heavy denium) at JoAnn's. The price has gone up $3.00 per yard tho! I only buy it when it's on sale or I have a coupon. I have made my own jeans & jean shorts for years. I just took a pair I had bought that fit well, ripped them apart & made a pattern. It takes allot of ripping to get them apart & allot of sewing to make a pair, but it's worth it.

I've been making my own clothing since I was 8. My Grandmother made most of my clothing when I was a kid. I find most store bought clothing to be pure junk! Poor quality, poor stitching, or lack of. I also hate most of the styles today.