View Single Post
Old 08-21-2011, 07:38 AM
PWinston

My daughter who is 22 years old and in grad school at University of Arkansas, Fayetteville, AR is home this weekend. She will receive her graduate degree in education in May 2012 and is student teaching 4 of the 5 school days each week. She told me that she needed something to take her lunch to school and that other teachers brought their lunch in a chain store recycling bag.

Being that I am a quilter I thought that I couldn't allow her take her lunch in a recycling bag. So, here is her new lunch bag. It is essentially a pattern that I found on the internet called “Poochie Bag” but I made it larger, added interfacing, added an inside pocket, stitched the corners of the bag so that it would stand better and stitched around the top to keep the lining in.

http://thehappyzombie.com/blog/?p=368

I started with outside and lining pieces of 14”(H) x 18” (W) and made MCC (milk carton corners) of 3 ˝” which resulted in a 7” bottom. She needed it large enough so that Tupperware containers would sit in the bottom. The final bag dimensions (not counting the handles) are about 10" x 10" x 7" - - a sufficient size for brown bagging lunch.

Lunch Bag 1
[ATTACH=CONFIG]244649[/ATTACH]

Lunch Bag 2
[ATTACH=CONFIG]244650[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-244643.jpe   attachment-244644.jpe