Old 09-09-2011, 07:51 PM
arimuse

1. absolutely dont take anything with you that doesnt get used , is too small, you have more than 2 of (this happens! lol), you really never wanted - make a pile that goes to or can be picked up by Goodwill/ or a local charity, or if no one wants it, it goes to the trash.
2. pack moving bxes tight and light (so no breakage, and if you get stuck at home alone unpacking you can move things by yourself)
3. as mentioned like with like, and mark the box what rm it goes into (my bedrm, sewing rn, kicthen, etc); and mark whats in it: bedding, summer clothes, fabric stash, etc.
4. try to get the truck or cars packed with the farthest rooms stuff on last so it will unload first - only cus you dont want to try and move boxes around the ones sitting closest to the door where the truck/car is unloaded.
5. if you know it will be late when you unpack, do,as mentioned, pack as many beds/bedding as needed to put up and get a good nites sleep. pack some towels, tp, even have a suitcase like youre vacationing with toothpaste, change of clothes, pills, things you need everyday so you dont have to look thru boxes.
6. when we moved, we met out for lunch everyday, hubs was at work everyday and I was unpacking for a month! I didnt cook much that month I can tell you!
sharet