View Single Post
Old 10-01-2011, 04:43 PM
candi

Mousie girl, I got tired just reading all the stuff you need to take care of, my friend. Remember to take care of you too. Maybe you will show us photos of the renovated sewing room :mrgreen:

And to answer your question, no the batiks are not a line, I just picked them up randomly I may add. I think all batiks go so well together :mrgreen:

And to answer renting the LA question, I can't find a place in Jacksonville to rent one out, but there is a LA studio Orlando that does...she has four nice machines. She charges $25 per the hour to rent them out and a flat fee if you rent for the day or really big quilt...I have rented from her one time for the while day and quilted two queens and a wall hanging...cost me about $160 if I remember correctly...I was down there for about 8 hours. Of course not quilting the whole time. Then in May, she had a 50% off rental rates, so I took four wallhangings and got them quilted in one day for less than $80. To me it is a good deal, as I work full time and quilting time is limited, and I can always pick Upanishads hour here and there of overtime and pay for the rental session...that is my story and I am sticking to it :mrgreen:

Now all that being said, I am actually up in Boston for work,and nearby LQS in NH rents their LAs for $12 an hour!!! And since it is in NH, it is tax free!!!! So I am going mad trying to finish a few things to take advantage of the savings while I am here....alas, working full time, I am struggling with that plan,lol.
But I managed to get a fall throw quilt top done for us and will go to quilt it on Monday...can't wait...I don't do anything too fancy just love to FMQ on the LA, I just go zoom zoom, lol.

Ok, now I talked your ears off, but you promise they grow back, so I guess no problems :lol: :mrgreen: