Old 10-01-2011, 05:18 PM
girlscouts1

Glad you like it... was so worried...lol. The land our house is on used to be a farm and they sold the land about 16 years ago to a developer..... there is about 75 houses now on the land.... we bought the house from the first owner two years ago.... we do have neighbor farms though that we can buy fresh produce from still though. Love the fresh stuff.... Enjoy your block and would love to swap again..... thanks

Originally Posted by cjr
Girlscouts1, Thank you Thank you. I absolutelty LOVE LOVE LOVE your block. Thank you for posting it. it came today. Our envelopes must have crossed paths somewhere, Beautiful work.
there is all kinds of work on it. The tiny 2" x 2" barn quilt is pieced. That just amazes me, how perfectly it is done. Silo roof is appliqued.
I grew up outside Erie PA in farm community. So I really appreciate the barn. Last time we were back many that we knew as growing up are fallen more in disrepair and unused. So sad, we have lost an important part of our cuture. Most farms we knew were around 40 acres,. referred to as truck farms. When we first moved to the west the term ranch was used then a new term, called a section. I honestly did not know what the term a section meant till we moced to NM 30+ years ago.

A very special thank you to all of you who still are farmers. The rest of the USA could not survive with out you.