Old 10-02-2011, 04:39 AM
QuiltingHaven

I have purchased 2 machines on ebay. The first one, a Featherweight "Abby", the pedal didn't work. Called the seller and they said that it worked when it left them. However, it apparently had a short in it because I attached my other pedal and it worked fine. They said rather than send the non-working one back to them, that they would credit my paypal (yes!!! I only use pay-pal on ebay) for $40.00 so that I could purchase a new pedal which I did from Sew-Classic and all was well. This was also a good purchase price. The second one, Singer 301A, arrived, well, okay except when I lifted out the case, it literally disintegrated into dust and pieces. However, reading the description, it did say case included as pictured.....sooo I got a really good bye on little "Ivory" who works perfectly, I just let it go. Read carefully and if you are looking at a Featherweight or 301/301A, make sure you see the bobbin case or email the seller and ask the question if there is a bobbin case. Many times they do not have the bobbin case and that can be another $60-75.00 to replace. Make sure to check the seller's number of transactions and ratings. Hope this helps.