Old 10-02-2011, 05:00 AM
romanojg

Originally Posted by lvaughan
I'm looking at machines on Ebay and am nervous about buying. Has anyone had a really good/bad experience buying on Ebay? Has anyone had a machine destroyed in shipping, and how was that handled?

Thanks,
Linda
I bought a machine on eBay and have never gotten it to sew right. I still can't say that I've been burned though. I made sure that before I bought it there was a warranty; mine came w/a two yr warranty. He seller was great sending me anything that would help get the machine running right and also it had advertised to come w/the orignal attachments and when some of them were missing he sent me them the same day. I took it into the viking repair a few months ago and they've tried to get the parts but couldn't so I'm letting the seller know and I don't see any problems rather he fixes it or gives me a refund. I just bought a new machine (Viking Ruby) so if he fixed it I'll just sell it for what I paid for it. There are a few things that I bought to go with it like the Magic Box to read cards so that I'll go ahead and sell since I don't need it with my new machine. Make sure there is some type of warranty; I do this with everything that I've gotten so far. I'm leary when I see no returns especially w/electronics; even a 7 day return is better than none. Also check out their ratings to make sure they've been around for a while and back up what they sell.