View Single Post
Old 10-04-2011, 03:59 AM
Edie

Originally Posted by dewie45
Well the report is that the persimmon seeds are spoons this year. I think that means shovels, for us at least. I don't know about the trees in Illinois. hehe
The squirrels are digging holes and burying the black walnuts like crazy here. The robins are still here, the Monarchs are gone, it is going to be 84 degrees today and warm weather the rest of the week. But then it could snow on Saturday. We Minnesotans never know from one day to the next. We enjoy each day when it's nice and cuss the others!!!!! I have heard that we are going to have a mild winter, and then I have heard (from the squirrels) that it is going to be a rough cold one. We had 1/4" of rain in September - it's gotta fall on us one way or the other - liquid or solid! We're gonna get it! It just gets frustrating when we have a 39 degree day and on that day we put away the shorts and tank tops and Berkies and 24 hours later we drag everything back out again!!!! How bout this one - "This is the day the Lord hath made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it." Would you believe I just saw on TV they are getting ready for College Hockey? See what I mean????? Enjoy the day! Edie