View Single Post
Old 10-09-2011, 03:22 PM
uniquedesigner

Originally Posted by annesthreads
Some great ideas here. I must start to haunt the charity shops - though I find that a lot of the sheets etc that they sell are just too grotty to use. Does anyone know if there are any books on this sort of thrifty use/reuse of fabric? I'd like to do it more often, as I'm now on a retirement income, and also because I increasingly want to live in a way that respects the planet's limited resources and makes the best use of everything. But I'm often unsure as to what could be used and how, so somee help and inspiration wouldn't go amiss. If there isn't such a book, will one of you ladies please write it!
There is a book out using Men's Plaids shirts. I do not remember the Author or name. It was on blog. Google Repurposing fabrics and see what you come up with. Books on making Quilts with NeckTies, Jeans, T-Shirt, Hankies, CR Doillies, etc. About anything that is out there. But just use your creative skills and quilting skills. Get everything that you want to work with lay it out on the bed and lay it this way and that way. All kinds of pictures on Internet. Be Creatived everyone can if they can sew.