View Single Post
Old 10-10-2011, 01:18 PM
Covered in Threads

If you get a chance to fly to a retreat, don't hesitate, in most cases many of the things listed are made available at retreats. Some even offer sewing machines with individual lighting.
Our guild does a retreat in a old youth campground twice a year. So the camp offers the homemade meals, cots w/mattresses, refrigerator, coffee maker, microwave, basic bathroom paper products - the rest is up to us. Needless to say two of us travel together in my DH truck which is packed. I have heard of others that have attended retreat/workshops where you only needed to bring your personal items (clothing, toiletries, etc...) they provided everything else. They flew into to San Diego where they picked were picked up and delivered to the location only to find it all set up and ready for their use. Really nice, pricey but a nice treat. They got to test drive a new line of sewing machines coming on the market, lots of new tools for the techniques they would be working with and walked away with a really nice project near completion.
It's on my list to do something like this some day in the meanwhile, doing a retreat with all the talented people that are out there under one roof is priceless and I pray you get a chance to enjoy one some day soon.