View Single Post
Old 10-10-2011, 03:24 PM
MargeD
Power Poster

I'm so sorry to hear that. Too often a large corporation owns a building with businesses in it and they just want out. I remember when a JoAnn's store, the closest store to me, closed. The reason they closed was because the owner of the mall wanted to triple their rent and it was way too expensive. This was one of the top selling JoAnn Stores in the area, a store which had a huge turnover, but they left and it was almost a year before something moved into that space. Seems to me the owner of the strip mall really ________ himself by raising the rent that high, instead of more money, he got nothing. Now that's a good business practice. NOT. I hope you can find a job soon, it's not easy out there, I know. I finally had to stop looking, as it's pretty hard to get a job if you can't even get an interview and that was almost 6 years ago, but two days before I was laid off (for the second time in one year) my husband became disabled and I had to take care of him. Not fair, but what are you going to do. Keep the faith.