Old 10-22-2011, 03:25 PM
vintagemotif

Originally Posted by Bennett
Pick an excuse:

1. Yeah, I really do need one more thing on my to-do list. I'm like a squirrel, I have to pack them away for winter!
2. Ten years is a long time to be a doorstop. (Seriously, I didn't know...but I'm learning).
3. Once you've cleaned off a test spot and the serial number, you have to finish it.

I salvaged this from my Grammy's garage after she died. No one wanted it at the estate sales, and I thought it was too interesting to toss. I've no idea where she got it. She didn't sew. It's not a treadle machine that she salvaged the base from. I used it as a doorstop for the last decade, never crossed my mind it could be fixed or used. :oops:

Really, it's just missing 2 parts, but I ordered them both today. I'm not sure I'm going to be able to get the motor cleaned up myself, but I should have fun trying. The crinkle finish is a little worn. What I really like is the embossing, even more than most of the intricate decals on other machines.

White Rotary, black crinkle embossed. SN 1x62861, so the year is 1931.
Bennett, Even if you don't get this machine working, it's a beauty cleaned up. You can give it an honorary spot on a bookcase or special spot in sewing room. I love the look of these Whites.